And as an Matroska multimedia container file format, MKV can store numerous video, audio and subtitle tracks, in addition to any metadata. Though designed as future proof, these files do not have any industry standard and thus are not compatible of playing with an array of devices and portable players. If your media collection holds a large number of MKV files that you want to play smoothly, then the best option would be to convert it to a more popular and compatible format like MP4. And there are a lot of tools out there that allow us to get the job done. But What if want to convert MKV to MP4 while still keeping the subtitles? Feel frustrated? Never! Here in this article , you can learn the best and easiest way to change MKV to MP4 with subtitles preservation and zero quality loss.
Something You Gotta Known - Subtitle File Format Types
Subtitles may be stored in different formats within media or as additional files:
- Bitmaps (Pictures), e.g. DVD VOBSUBs, Bluray PGS
- Text with markup, e.g. Closed Captions and SRT files.
- Styled SSA, e.g. most anime subtitles in MKV files
Best Tool to Convert MKV to MP4 With Subtitles
To come straight to the point, one of the best programs is EaseFab Video Converter (available for Wiindows and Mac users). The program comes loaded with an array of features along with simple to use interface. In addition to convert MKV to MP4 with subtitles, the software allows conversion between all popular formats without any quality loss. In addition, if the video or movie does not contain any language subtitles you understand, you can download a SRT subtitle file in your first language of the movie from a safe and reliable subtitle download site[/url] (such as opensubtitles.org) and add external subtitles to the video.
Key Feature of the MKV to MP4 Subtitle Converter
· Convert MKV to MOV (QuickTime), MP4, AVI, MKV and over 1000 formats without losing quality.
· Convert MKV videos to optimized preset like iPhone, iPad, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker, etc.
· 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
· Edit MKV video files with trimming, cropping, rotating, adding watermarks, etc.
· Supported OS: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
How to convert MKV to MP4 with subtitles in simple clicks
Step 1. Import MKV Videos
Download, install and launch EaseFab Video Converter and then import the MKV file to the program by directly dragging or clicking "Add Video" button to locate and load the MKV file.
Step 2. Output MKV to MP4 with desired subtitles.
After loading MKV files, the program can automatically detect subtitles from source MKV files and list them in each video title for you to choose from. Check the files that you want to keep subtitles, on the file displaying list, click "Subtitle" drop-down list and select one of your favorite subtitles to output.
Step 3. Select MP4 as the output format.
Then click "Profile" and select MP4 as the output format. You can also choose MP4-HD from "HD/4K Video" catelog. If you want to convert MKV to MP4 for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, etc., you can browse to find any video preset as the output format.
For advanced functions (Optional)
1. Click the Edit button to open the Video Editor window to achieve editing MP4 like trim, crop, image, watermark, effect, subtitles and rotate and etc in the corresponding editing pane.
2. Click the "Settings" button to open the Settings window to adjust the output video codec, resolution, bitrates, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio codec, channel, volume and etc in the advanced tab.
Step 4: Start the conversion process.
Finally, hit right-bottom Convert button to start the conversion from MKV to MP4 with subtitles reserved. Wait for the conversion to be done and click Open to get the converted video files. Then feel free to view converted MP4 files with subtitles on smartphones, tablets, TV or game consoles with media player apps.
Subtitle MKV format outputs
- DVD Bitmap Subtitles(VOBSUB): With MKV, you can pass-through multiple VOBSUB tracks. These are not burned into the video unless you choose to do so however you can only burn 1 subtitle track into the file. The rest must be passed through.
- Bluray PGS Subtitles: With MKV, you can pass-through multiple PGS tracks. These are not burned into the video unless you choose to do so however you can only burn 1 subtitle track into the file. The rest must be passed through.