Full Introduction of H.264
H.264, also known as MPEG-4 Part 10/AVC for Advanced Video Coding, is the latest MPEG standard and utilised for the recording, compression, and distribution of video content over the internet including YouTube and iTunes Store and other browser based web software. t also widely adopted by HDTV broadcasts over terrestrial, cable and satellite broadcasters and TV production companies, and is used by h264 live streaming for video contribution applications such as live sports and news back to the studios for commentary and playout. A codec based on the H.264 standard compresses a digital video file so that it only uses half the space of MPEG-2 (the DVD standard), to deliver the same quality video. This means you can enjoy stunning HD video the way it was meant to be seen without sacrificing speed or performance.
If you want to play your Blu-ray movies on devices on HDTV, iPhone, iPad, Android-based tablets/phones, PSP, as well as other portable devices, you can choose to convert Blu-ray to H.264 encoded video files first.
How to Convert Blu-ray to H.264 Encoded MP4, MKV, MOV and more
To rip Blu-ray to H.264, you will need a Blu-ray ripping and converting tool. There are many programs out there that allow you to make copies of your Blu-rays and let you what them the way you want to view them. If you're seeking for the best video output quality, fastest video conversion speed and the most formats supported, EaseFab LosslessCopy will be your best choice. And it has other features that will impress you!
* It allows you to import commercial Blu-ray/DVD, 3D Blu-ray movies, DVD IFO File, DVD ISO Image File, BD ISO image file.
* Rip and convert Blu-ray to H.264/H.265 MP4, H.264 MKV, H.264 MOV, etc. formats with best HD video quality.
* Copy and rip Blu-ray/DVD to MKV, MP4. MOV with multiple video and audio tracks
* 1:1 backup Blu-ray/DVD disc with intact and original video structure.
* Keep Blu-ray DTS Digital Surround, DTS-HD Master Audio, Linear PCM, etc.
* Provide 250+ optimized H.264 video presets for iPad, iPhone, Android and more
* Edit, enhance & personalize your videos by trimming, cropping, adding subtitles, and more.
* Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Simple Steps to Rip Blu-ray to H.264
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movies
Insert the Blu-ray disc to the BD drive and then click the Load Disc button to have Blu-ray movies uploaded to EaseFab LosslessCopy. You can also import DVD files, BD/DVD ISO files, IFO files or Blu-ray/DVD folder for conversion.
Note: When importing a Blu-ray disc, please make sure that your PC has been equipped with an external or internal Blu-ray drive to recognize your Blu-ray disc.
Step 2: Select output format as H.264
Click on "Format" bar and navigate to "Common Video" from the format list and in its submenu you can find "H.264 Baseline Profile Video(*.mp4)". If you prefer HD video, just back to the format list and move down your mouse to "HD Video", here you will find "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)" and "H.264 HD Video(*.mov)". Select the format you like and then hit the small folder icon to specify an output folder.
1. If you want to convert your Blu-ray to H.264 video codec for play on portable devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod, HTC, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, Sony, PSP, Xbox 360 and more, you can simply browse to find the icon of your device and select it as the output format to get videos with optimized settings. All Idevices output files can be synced to iTunes automatically.
2. By clicking the Settings button beside Profile, you can adjust the output video/audio resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc. to customize the output files to get the best quality you want.
Step 3: Start the Blu-ray to H.264 conversion
Now all you need is pressing the "Convert" button to get the entire process accomplished. Once the conversion stops, click Open to locate the generated file. Now you can transfer the file to your Google Drive, your tablets, or other portable devices, and enjoy them on the move to kill the boring time.